Landing Board Seats is a comprehensive one-on-one program designed to make yourself marketable as a serious candidate for a Board of Director position. The customized approach is tailored to each individual’s background, experience, and Board expectations. The goals are to:
- Carefully develop a marketing plan that enhances your attractiveness as an Outside Director candidate, and
- Build your confidence to deliver the knock-out punch in the interview process.
The methodology takes each individual through the following process:
- Understanding your reasons for seeking Board work
- Creating a path to muscle-build your Board credentials
- Crafting your messaging, e.g.:
- Your Board Bio (different than your standard Bio)
- Your Board resume (different than your resume)
- Your LinkedIn profile (beyond outbound marketing, you want to be “found” by recruiters)
- Your value proposition
- Your elevator speech
- Going to market
- Discovering and targeting Board opportunities
- Charting your “Skills Map” (describing how you fill a Board’s functional or experience void)
- Refining crisp and natural answers to critical interview questions
Typically, the curriculum entails seven hours of one-on-one work, broken up into 1 to 2 hour sessions. Between sessions, some “homework” is involved.
Mike Lorelli conducts all programs himself. Mike’s background includes two assignments as a PepsiCo division president. He has been on the Boards of three publicly held companies and chaired three Compensation Committees. He also has served on seven private Boards. He is currently on the Boards of CP Kelco, iControl, Rita’s Franchise Company, and Axxun. He has an MBA from NYU’s Stern School of Business, and a Bachelor of Engineering from NYU’s School of Engineering and Science. Mike is Masters level certified with both NACD (National Association of Corporate Directors), and The American College of Corporate Directors (ACDG).
For additional information about the services we provide to individual candidates, see our Faster Landings site.